ATTENTION AGENT AND BROKERS;
Steps outlined below are required when your customers are applying for one of our Co-Broke Eligible apartments. Not all of our apartments are available to do so. For a complete list of eligible units, please review our listings on MLS, as we do not usually Co-Broke our listings.
We require these items for any and all co-brokes;
- ONE CHECK, for ONE MONTH'S RENT, made to JAMAICA PLAIN RENTALS AND SALES, INC. This must be PHYSICALLY DELIVERED to our office as we WILL NOT ACCEPT A PHOTOGRAPH OF A CHECK FOR DEPOSIT.
WE DO NOT PROCESS ANY APPLICATIONS OR TAKE THE APARTMENT OFF MARKET WITHOUT A DEPOSIT.
- JAMAICA PLAIN RENTALS & SALES APPLICATIONS (click to download). If you use your own agency's application we will still ask you to complete one of our own.
- Employment verification for each person (options listed on applications)
- Photo ID's
- Pet Pictures (if applicable)
- Cosigner Forms (doesn't have to be notarized RIGHT away, we can run information first and obtain notarized copies after). ALL ORIGINAL NOTARIZED COSIGNER FORMS ARE DUE TO OUR OFFICE WITH REMAINING PAYMENTS BEFORE THE LEASE CAN BE SIGNED BY THE LANDLORD.
- Landlord Reference Documentation*
- Application Fees (if applicable)*
*LANDLORD REFERENCES - We request all references be asked these questions;
- Did they pay their rent on time?
- Would you rent to them again?
- Any additional comments you'd like to add?
IF CUSTOMERS HAVE A PET, PLEASE ASK THESE IN ADDITION:
- Do / Did they have a pet during tenancy?
- If so did it cause any damages to the unit or disturb the neighbors?
We prefer EMAIL message responses for references so that they are in writing. The front page of our rental application serves as an Authorization Form to contact references.
If calling is necessary, please use THIS FORM to document the reference. Please keep in mind there's a possibility with verbal references that a Landlord will request we verify the accuracy of it in writing.
*APPLICATION FEES - We charge $40/app and $40/cosigner when we process applications. If the cooperating agents are processing applications, the $40 will not be charged.
LEASE - Upon acceptance, we will write the lease and send for review to the Landlord (or if a management operation they might send the lease out on our behalf). Upon final approval, you will be provided the lease for tenant signature and/or a Landlord meeting may be scheduled for signing. DUE UPON SIGNING;
- Signed lease by accepted tenants
- W-9 from tenants (if security deposit is required)
- Remaining payments due - any First, Last and/or Security checks should be made directly to Landlord, NOT to our agency.
- ACH Form and/or Voided Check (if applicable for transaction)
- W-9 and Invoice from cooperating Agency (so that we may disburse your commission when the transaction is complete).